Rysc to/from localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halk

Dabbler
I'm trying to copy the data from one pool to another. Rsync seems to be the way to do it. However I'm really struggling to use the GUI for it. I ended up giving up and just setting up a screen in a shell and doing it through a CLI.

I've tried reading the documentation and I've gotten nowhere with it, but that may just be down to being super tired at the moment.

Is anyone aware of some kind of tutorial or guide that might give me a better chance of grasping it?

melloa

Wizard
I had followed the manual steps and didn't have a problem. The only caveat is to correctly set your paths or you would be copying to the wrong place (same with any rsync from shell). Are exactly is your question?

melloa

Wizard
I don't understand what you're asking.

What are your questions on the steps described on the manual. It took me couple attempts to understand the language, but I'm not English speaking. In your case, should be the technical part.

What worked for me was to get a sheet of paper and draw two columns: origin and destination, and started reading the steps and written under each one. So ... what exactly are you having problems with?

Halk

Dabbler
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, so I don't know where to start looking for what I need to do differently.

There's no error message or problem that happens, it just doesn't copy what I think it should.

I've created an rsync task and I've selected run now, I've had a little popup down the bottom saying it's running but nothing happened.

This is what I did.

melloa

Wizard
This is what I did.

Not familiar with that GUI/version, but don't you need a push and a pull? What's on the other server?

Status
Not open for further replies.