Rust Game dev blog

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator

I have only perused the 11th newsletter, so I cannot describe what the prior ones looked like, or whether any developer mentioned in it has had recurring entries. However, my initial peek at this blog has a few stand out entries, below:
--
Zero to Game

ships with greater thrust explode

^ The initial destruction prototype applied across different thrust levels

Zero to Game is a project that documents the creation of an independent space game from zero.

My plan for this website is to narrate my independent development of a computer game in the Rust programming language. I've never done this before, and so I hope to be able to show you the progression right from zero all the way up to a game.
  • Zero game programming experience.
  • Zero experience in the Rust programming language.
  • Zero experience making assets, images, sounds, models, etcetera.
--
Pont

Screenshot of the Pont board game

Pont is a multiplayer online board game based on Qwirkle, implemented by Matt Keeter. Both the client and server are written in Rust, using WebAssembly to run the client in the browser without any Javascript (besides a small shim).

It can be played online here!

The system architecture is described in a blog post and the source is available on Github

Discussions: /r/rust, Hacker News
--
Scale

Scale screenshot

Scale's objective is to become a granular society simulation, filled with fully autonomous agents interacting with their world in real time.

The 4th devlog was published, talking about the new renderer based on wgpu-rs, pathfinding, parking, curved roads and a new crate extracted from the project called flat_spatial.

Discussions: /r/rust_gamedev