rsync stop syncing

AVSION

Contributor
Hi Everyone,

long time no speak...

i have two freenas one is production and second for backup. i have update both to 11.3 U2.1 and setup both rsync task using the UI. i manage to start the rsync task from the backup server however i have few issues. the task is stoping(can see the pool size stuck on %) after few hours but the system process are still running on both servers. the second issue is when i start the task from the backup server (BS) it doesn't start the production server (PS) task, the rsync status not responding on the PS even if i turn of the rsync service. when i check PS with top after i disable the rsync service the process are still running. the third issue is it create a new copy on the BS if i turn the rsync task from the PS. i have tried to restart the services, freenas, killall task and destroyed the BS pool few times but cannot complete the backup. the only method i didn't try was the SSH but it seems like there are some bugs.

did someone experience above issues with rsync and is there a way to do it via the UI or is it working via SSH in this version?

Update: i setup SSH method it looks like is working hard WCPU is on 100% compare to the UI method, will see how i go have to do 3.2TB it will probably take a couple of days if it doesn't stop.

Thank you

Last edited:

GregP

Dabbler
Update to Truenas 12 seems to fix the problem I encountered when changed from 11.2 to 11.3.