RSync problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visseroth

Guru
So hopefully I post enough information for any readers to understand.

Basically I have my FN8.0.2 server and a remote client I am trying to setup to copy files to my server using DeltaCopy Client.
I tested RSync locally with their user account and it seems to work at least locally but when I setup the remote site I am unable to get files to transfer. The task starts and then ends within a minute or two. When I check my firewall logs I see that their IP address triggered the correct port and traffic was passed but nothing is received.

What logs can I look at to see what is going on and where are they located.
The remote host is a Windows machine.
The firewall does have a transparent proxy but I doubt this is causing the problem.
I have checked the permissions on their directory on the server and permissions are set correctly with the correct owner, group and 770.

Edit: OK I found DeltaCopy's logs via the status window, maybe this will shed some light on things but it's not for me.....

Executing: rsync.exe -v -rlt -z --chmod=a=rw,Da+x --delete "/cygdrive/C//" "user@***.***.***.***::USER//"
@ERROR: invalid gid
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.4-1/src/rsync-3.0.4/main.c(1504) [sender=3.0.4]

Error starting client-server protocol
Rsync.exe returned an error. Will try again. This is retry number 1 of 5

Executing: rsync.exe -v -rlt -z --chmod=a=rw,Da+x --delete "/cygdrive/C//" "user@***.***.***.***::USER//"
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.4-1/src/rsync-3.0.4/main.c(1504) [sender=3.0.4]

Rsync.exe returned an error. Will try again. This is retry number 2 of 5

Rsync.exe returned an error. Will try again. This is retry number 3 of 5

Rsync.exe returned an error. Will try again. This is retry number 4 of 5

Profile 'KPSD' executed in 3495 milliseconds. One or more errors were encountered.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Visseroth

Guru
Figured out the problem
@Error: invalid gid means that the gid between the client and the server don't match. Make sure you have matching group IDs (ie gid)

Status
Not open for further replies.