Router Factory Reset + TrueNAS IP

pyfooty

Cadet
Hey guys, hoping someone here can help me out with some issues.

Everything was going pretty smoothly until I would lose internet randomly. Power cycling my router/modem/reset from Xfinity didn't do anything. Sooo I reset my router to factory settings to start fresh, but my TrueNas got screwed up.

Issue #1: My TrueNAS doesn't appear in router devices when trying to reserve the new IP for it. The virtual windows machine I have doesn't appear either. Do I need to create a new network device and delete the old via the start up window on truenas?

Issue #2: I had a Project Zomboid dedicated server running on a virtual windows machine in TrueNas. Although my public IP address has changed, trying to access it doesn't work. When I try 'ipconfig /renew' in windows it gives the error "An error occurred while renewing interface Ethernet: unable to contact your DHCP server. Timed out." The DHCP option is checked in TrueNas Network.

Issue #3: Now NextCloud isn't accessible because the new IP isn't a Trusted Domain. I found the config file in FTP but adding the new TrueNAS ip to the list and saving the file didn't work.

Issue #4: Applications page just loads forever and doesn't show the installed apps. Over all truenas keeps getting messed up with the IP address getting changed on restart. I think I was able to set that up in Network previously (before the router restart) but I can't seem to have it show on the router now to reserve the new IP address, and ipconfig in the virtual windows (maybe related issue).

Over all truenas keeps getting messed up with the IP address getting changed on restart.

I was able to setup a static IP in Network previously (before the router restart) but I can't seem to have it show on the router now to reserve the new IP address, and ipconfig DHCP issue in the virtual windows (maybe related issue).

Maybe someone can help me out here and explain DHCP to me like I'm 5 so I don't have to deal with IP addresses getting reset and screwing up services.

sretalla