SOLVED Force IP renew command/option?

jlpellet

Patron
I have multiple TrueNAS 13U4 servers that I'd like to rename but complete this I need to force TN to renew the IP address it has from the system DHCP server. I've configured the DHCP server to reserve IP addresses for each server's MAC address & need the equivalent to Windows "ipconfig /renew". I've looked at the results from multiple searches but have nothing that seems to work. TN reboot or dhcp server reboot did not work. The dhcp server is on a router using dd-wrt * have found no option for it either. I'd appreciate any advice or pointers.
Thanks,
John

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Did you remember to restart dnsmasq from the DD-WRT screen? Oftentimes, static reservations don't take effect until dnsmasq gets restarted.
As for forcing a renew on the TrueNAS side, simply unjacking and rejacking the network cable works for me.

jlpellet

Patron
Thanks for the reply. I got it done updating dhcp server with the dnsmasq restart, changing TN global network settings, start/stop smb service, then rebooting TN, in that specific order. Thought I had before but likely got the order different.