Root dataset permissions from original install.

Transitioned from Core to Scale last month. Previous installations of core were upgraded as new versions were released. Originally when I first deployed the system I believe I set the root dataset permissions to something funky like windows with limited permissions to 'everyone'.

The first issue that encountered with the change to Scale was the Plex app from Charts was using the UID 1000 (which was what my owner was during initial deployment). I had issues with Plex not searching and finding new files due to UID / GID conflict. When those were corrected and my UID was changed to 3000 in scale I now noticed that my permissions for my dataset of /mnt/omegasupreme did not have any permissions at the 'everyone' level (let alone the needed execute permission). When I attempted to change the dataset details in the UI I seen the ACL Type and ACL mode are now grey and cannot be manipulated.

I searched this forum, tried to keep the original owner of /mnt/omegasupreme as root but I could no longer access SMB shares. I was able to change the owner to myself and gain that access back.

My question, is there a way I could change the permissions of the root dataset to default, wipe all previous acls and permissions, then start the process over again without having to move the data to another NAS? I finally regained access to my SMB shares, but plex is still missing new files added to the server based off the lack of 'everyone' permissions.

I made an attempt at resetting the permissions from shell, but I couldn't get anything to stick.

vtQXQ5c.jpg

K1mTKyb.jpg

Thank you in advance for the assistance.