Rogue ix-applications folder

JobbeDK

Cadet
Hello all

I am migrating my home lab to Trunas Scale 22.02-RC2, virtual machines and all, and it has been very successful so far.
Today I got a couple of new 40mm fans for my LSI controllers and after mounting them, I started the server back up.
Unfortunately I forgot to connect the SAS cable between the controller and the expander card which has lead to some odd behavior.
I restarted the server with all the cables connected and it booted up and finds my encrypted pool fine.
Though, when i try to unlock the dataset i get this message: /mnt/Primz1 directory is not empty (please provide "force" flag to override this error and file/directory will be renamed once the dataset is unlocked)

It turns out that the OS made a folder called ix-applications in the unmounted folder of /mnt/Primz1 while the disks where offline, and now i cannot mount them again because of this folder. The folder contains the basic files for en new "empty" ix-applications dataset.

I have set the app dataset to another pool and have deleted all the contents from the folder. BUT the ix-application folder itself cannot be deleted.
It's giving me a "Permission denied" error. I have tried everything i can think of, even booting form a live CD to try and delete the file from there but it wont go.
From CLI i run rm -rf /mnt/Primz1/ix-applications but get "Permission denied"

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards Jesper

dirtyfreebooter

Explorer
ix-applications is a ZFS dataset, not just a random folder, you should remove it from the "storage" page of web UI or use `zfs destroy` on the CLI

JobbeDK

Cadet
ix-applications is a ZFS dataset, not just a random folder, you should remove it from the "storage" page of web UI or use `zfs destroy` on the CLI
Thank you, i know its a dataset under normal circumstances. But in this case the pool has not been mounted yet. This folder is just hanging out in the mount point on the filesystem where my pool is supposed to be mounted and is blocking the mount. and since the pool is encrypted, I can not delete it from the UI before the pool is mounted. Which i cannot do because of that folder. It's a catch 22 :)

truecharts

Guru
Reporting a Jira ticket with the debug attached is really the way to go.