Restore Previous iocage Releases to fix data error - Help with options

donEddie7

Dabbler
Hello,

I recently had a power outage and for some reason the psu cable to my mirrored 2-disk pool failed. I ordered a new cable and it just arrived - both my disks are up and working now, but I'm getting an error when running a scrub:

"One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data corruption. Applications may be affected. Restore the file in question if possible. Otherwise, restore the entire pool from backup."

I ran zpool scrub -v and the missing file is:

error: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files: POOLNAME/iocage/releases/12.2-RELEASE/root:<0x0>

I did CLEAR and SCRUB again, but no luck. I'm still getting that same error. When navigating to that directory, the root folder is there but it's empty. Going up one level, I see several other releases and those also have a root folder, but they have many sub-directories. Is it possible for me to download the 12.2-RELEASE folder again and replace the existing one to see if that will fix the data inconsistency?

I'm currently running TrueNAS-12.0-U5.3. I have 2 Plugins running but both are on 13+ RELEASE.

Apologize if this is a stupid/simple question - Just trying to get back to a working and safe state. Thank you.

Last edited:

donEddie7

Dabbler
Just want to add more info here:

Code:
root@Titan:~ # iocage list
+-----+--------------------------+-------+--------------+---------------+
| JID |           NAME           | STATE |   RELEASE    |      IP4      |
+=====+==========================+=======+==============+===============+
| 1   | plexmediaserver-plexpass | up    | 13.0-RELEASE | 192.168.1.250 |
| 2   | tautulli_2               | up    | 13.1-RELEASE | 192.168.1.251 |

The only two items I have on this pool are my Plex install and Tautulli (plex tools) install. My limited interpretation was that I would be able to replace the 12.2-RELEASE folder to fix the issue. Additionally, I've seen multiple threads in my troubleshooting where people were trying to delete old releases to reclaim some space and removing both the release and download version of said old releases. This seems to have varying success but I was entertaining this as another option. I'd like to avoid having to tear this pool down and rebuild my plex install if possible. I'm not exactly sure how to interpret my snapshots but it seems most of them are dialed in more to the plugins themselves (when doing updates) and don't include the releases folder.

Any advice or assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.