Restore from remote TrueNAS Scale replication

DozerD42

Cadet
Hi there,
I am a beginner level user of TrueNAS Scale.

I have two TrueNAS Scale servers on my network. Server A is TrueNAS Scale 23.10.1. I just built and freshly installed TrueNAS Scale 23.20.2 on Server B.

I would like to migrate all the internal hardware on Server A to a new case, reinstall the latest TrueNAS Scale on Server A, and then pull the replicated data on Server B back to Server A exactly as it was.

I started a PUSH replication task on Server A to remote Server B. To do the PUSH replication, I followed this guide (almost) exactly:
Server B has a homedirs and PushReplica datasets with GZIP-9 compression on PushReplica as the video states, and I created a pushrepl user with the same permissions as stated.

The simple question is, "How do I restore the data from Server B to Server A exactly as it was?"
I assume that to restore the data on Server B back to Server A, that I have to do a PULL replication task? I watched this PULL replication guide and I was a bit concerned:

The PULL replication guide requires adding new datasets homedirs and PullReplica (with GZIP-9 compression) to Server A and adding a new user pullrepl. However, Server A currently has an entirely different name for the dataset with a Samba service enabled.

If I follow the video instructions exactly for the PULL replication task, and that task completes, can I edit/update/migrate the dataset so that it is named similarly in my current setup on Server A and enable the Samba service? What is the best way to restore from a remote replication in TrueNAS Scale?

I searched for answers and found the following:

The first thread is about the same question that I am asking, but became more focused on migrating to Server B as the new "primary". I am working in a homelab and I don't want Server B to become primary. The second link asks about the restore button, and I don't think that was ever answered. The third link is older and gives a good plan for disaster recovery using replication to and from a remote server, but does not give any detailed instructions for how to restore.

Any comments or help is appreciated!