Restarting mounting point for Plex Media Server install

dracofire68

Cadet
Hi everyone,

Got a question for everyone regarding the Plex Media Server setup for a TrueNAS Mini 3.0 system.

After following the guide for installing a Plex Media Server from YouTube FreeNAS 11.2 - Plex Media Server Plugin, I got to 7:03 in the process where I need to restart the jail after selecting the source (
/mnt/tank/iocage/jails/Plexmediaserver) and destination (/mnt/tank/iocage/jails/Plexmediaserver/root/Plex Media Server/Media) for the Mount Points. But I receive an error message when I try to start the Jail that states the following:

Error: [EFAULT] mount_nullfs: /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/Plexmediaserver (/mnt/tank/iocage/jails/Plexmediaserver) and /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/Plexmediaserver/root/Plex Media Server/Media are not distinct paths jail: ioc-Plexmediaserver: /sbin/mount -t nullfs -o rw /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/Plexmediaserver /mnt/tank/iocage/jails/Plexmediaserver/root/Plex Media Server/Media: failed

What does this mean and how can I restart the Jail to get access to the Plex Media Server again? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Plexmediaservererror.jpg
    Plexmediaservererror.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 264
  • Plexmediaservermountpoints.jpg
    Plexmediaservermountpoints.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 251
So you are doing it wrong you are trying to mount what amounts to a directory to itself. In the source directory you to select your media location.. In destination you choose the location within the jail. For me this looks something like this.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 254

kherr

Explorer
As a Plex user ... but no means a TN expert ... the 'mount point' points to your media files, wherever they may be located on the NAS.

Mine are in a separate dataset/file structure such as /mnt/Nessy/MediaSource (the dataset)/Media/ and the sub directories of... Movies ... TV .. Football .. etc.

Which the dataset is owned by user: plex

Another thing I did, to make it MUCH easier to update Plex is by using a full blown Jail and not using the Plugin.

dracofire68

Cadet
@John Digital, thanks for the info! I've updated the source and destination path to what you showed on your photo and that seems to have worked. Plex Media Server is connected and updating the media right now. Much appreciated!

Glad you got it sorted. This isnt just a plex thing your mounts should always be done this way.