Resilvering on new drive and errors on another drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclevy1

Dabbler
So guys I really need some help I am a super noob and I was replacing some drives on my machine that are bad. After replacing a drive that died I noticed that another drive has read errors on it. So basically after resilvering the drive the whole pool is still degraded. And after every reboot the drive resilver itself. So my question is after replacing the drive with errors on it as well will this fix my issues.

Freenas 9.3 201602031011
I5-2400S, z77 MB, 4x 2TB hard drives,8 GB of RAM

5007e52d59cdfad7047f3e45fc7f5e78.jpg

f6dd799493e9d3b05c67a14d22579761.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Read the forum rules, you didn't provide anything that would allow anyone to help you.

Provide freenas version, hardware specs, output of zpool status, any error messages and anything else you think might be important.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You kind of cut off most of the information. But you had 2 disks go bad so you have some data loss. Backup everything now!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

dclevy1

Dabbler
You kind of cut off most of the information. But you had 2 disks go bad so you have some data loss. Backup everything now!

Okay I was just confirming I was thinking I probably had to do that and create a new pool anyway. What is the fastest way to back up my data. Can I just hook up another Drive and copy it over?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Copy it over the network, attach a drive, make a new pool with that drive and copy your data.

Tools that can be used for copying data, cp, rsync or replication.

dclevy1

Dabbler
Copy it over the network, attach a drive, make a new pool with that drive and copy your data.

Tools that can be used for copying data, cp, rsync or replication.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.