Reporting missing some disk stats

GeorgePatches

Dabbler
Version: TrueNAS Core 12.0 U8.1
drive designations: mfid0 through mfid11
drive setup: Old Dell RAID where each individual drive is setup is a lone striped disk. (weird and less than ideal, but on this repurposed server the easiest way to make the drives available to TrueNAS).
Browsers tried: Firefox and Chrome

Problem: I've been using FreeNAS and now TrueNAS Core on this box for several years. All of my reporting seems to work as expected except for the disk reporting. The only stat that is collected is Disk I/O. And it's not like the other graphs are empty, they're entirely not there (screenshot attached of the mfid10 device). Now I'm expecting temperature to not work because of how I'm passing through the drives, but I don't understand why all the other graphs are not appearing. I've checked various CLI tools like gstat and iostat to confirm that all the drive stats do exist. Everything displays fine in those tools, but not in the webUI.

Troubleshooting: Other than checking that there are iostats for these devices, I don't know what's next. Like what log files should I be checking? Should I try clearing all the historical data since I've done so many version upgrades over the years, and if so how do I even do that? I'm not particularly keen on re-installing TrueNAS, so I'd like that to be a method of last resort.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm stumped on this.

-George

Attachments

• Reporting.PNG
    Reporting.PNG
    67.4 KB · Views: 113

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
less than ideal
Specifically recommended as something not to do:

Troubleshooting: Other than checking that there are iostats for these devices, I don't know what's next. Like what log files should I be checking? Should I try clearing all the historical data since I've done so many version upgrades over the years, and if so how do I even do that? I'm not particularly keen on re-installing TrueNAS, so I'd like that to be a method of last resort.
Depending on how much of a disaster your RAID card's "JBOD" mode is, you may or may not be cooked.

Best case I would propose is finding a cheap HBA (usually under $100 on ebay) and connect that before trying anything else.

GeorgePatches

Dabbler
Yeah, so I know that's not a great idea, but I'm trying to diagnose the issue with the reporting not showing up. Where are errors with that logged out to?

sretalla