Reporting graphs blank after hardware move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddy01

Dabbler
Hi,

First time post so hoping I've got this in the right sub-forum.

Been using FreeNAS 8 for the last 18 months or so, and today I've switched hardware from a standard Intel Mobo with Core 2 Duo CPU and 8GB of DDR2 RAM, to an HP N54L Microserver (AMD Turion and 10GB of RAM).

Despite my fears everything has worked like a charm, having moved the 3 x 2TB HDD (Raid Z1) over and booted a fresh install of FreeNAS on the N54L, auto-import went fine then I restored my backed up config from the old hardware. Again all ok apart from nic config as it's a different hardware vendor in the N54L but easily sorted on console.

Scrub currently running to verify all is well and I'm a happy bunny, however most of the reporting graphs are showing all nan's for their stats. Disk space works, as does the interface bandwidth monitor however all others such as System Load, Memory utilisation etc. are blank.

I assume it's related to moving hardware however I can't see a way to re-config the reporting mechanism so presumed this was a bug?

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Not the end of the world if the answer is to do a fresh install and re-create config by hand on the new hardware but thought I'd ask first.

Currently on 8.3.2 (believe it was 8.3.1 on old hardware) as I thought I'd stick with 8.*.* until settled on new hardware then move to 9. release.

Many thanks,

Paddy

paddy01

Dabbler
Ah, further research has turned up similar issues for other reasons however the fix:

Code:
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/collectd stop && find /var/db/collectd/rrd/localhost/* -type d | xargs rm -Rf && rm /data/rrd_dir.tar.bz2 && /usr/local/etc/rc.d/collectd start && python /root/graph.py

Seems to have done the job.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.