Replication Task

kenster

Dabbler
Trying to seed a new TrueNAS 13 with a FreeNAS. I am on the source, trying to send the data to the destination. I walk through the replication task setup, create the task, create the SSH connection, let it auto create the SSH key, and I get "[EACCES] AuthenticationException('Authentication failed.')" when I try to browse the destination pool. I have enabled root login on SSH on the destination and don't know where to begin troubleshooting.

Initially i setup a normal public / private key pair first, and then realized this doesn't work with Replication Tasks.

kenster

Dabbler
the public key appears to make it correctly from the source to the destinations Accounts > Users > root > SSH Public Key field as well

What version of FreeNAS are you migrating from?

Redcoat

MVP
What version of FreeNAS are you migrating from?
I'll bet that @Johnny Fartpants is on the right track here - see the TrueNAS release notes in the Documentation link https://www.truenas.com/docs/core/corereleasenotes/ :

N/AN/ATrueNAS 12 cannot replicate to or from TrueNAS 13By default, TrueNAS 12 cannot initiate a replication to or from TrueNAS 13 due to an outdated SSH client library. Allowing replication to or from TrueNAS 13 to TrueNAS 12 requires allowing ssh.rsa algorithms. See OpenSSH 8.2 Release for security considerations. Log into the TrueNAS 13 system and go to Services->SSH. Add the SSH Auxiliary Parameter: PubkeyAcceptedAlgorithms +ssh-rsa.N/A
12.0-BETA2NAS-107151Replication fails between legacy TrueNAS 9.10 systems and 13.0-BETA1 systems.Due to numerous improvements in the replication engine and ZFS, TrueNAS 9.10 systems (or earlier) cannot replicate to or from TrueNAS 13.0-BETA1. Update the legacy TrueNAS system to 11.3 first, then 12.0, and then 13.0.

This may be helpful although the error you are reporting sounds different.

I can confirm that this fix also works with TN13.