Replication problem FN 11 Release->FN 9.2.1.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

enemy85

Guru
Hi all,
recently i set up a second FN box as backup for the main one:

main FN box (let's call it "A") runs with FreeNAS-9.2.1.9-RELEASE-x64 (2bbba09)
backup FN box (called "B") runs with FreeNAS-11.0-RELEASE (a2dc21583)

Replication from A to B has been working for a long time, and even after moving the 2 boxes away from each other, keeps working.
I tried to set a replication task from B to A (of a small, brand new "test" folder), and i did exactly all the steps i was supposed to do to make it work:

1) set up periodic snapshot of "test" folder on box B
2) set up replication task on box B (with ssh key scan working and finding the key)
3) copy and paste SSH public key of box B in root user of box A

The replication starts and run for all the time it needs (i can see the increasing % in the replication task tab on box B and i can se the stream on the network report graph), the problem is that at the end of the stream, in box A i can see the dataset created, but it looks empty, and i keep having in the running processis "zfs" at 100% for ever, while in the replication task tab of box B the status remain "sending" forever.

I tried to re-do it from scratch many times, even changing user, but can't solve the problem...
Any clues???

TIA

D

dlavigne

Might be a bug. Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

enemy85

Guru
Might be a bug. Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

a Bug? Is it possible that nobody tried replication or do you think might be a bug just with a 9.2.1.9 target system?
I'm just worried it could be a stupid thing I am not considering...don't want to open a bug report if i'm not sure all i did was exact...
can't someone try to replicate it?

enemy85

Guru
Bug #24762

D

dlavigne

Replication changed significantly between those 2 versions so there might be something that needs to be migrated (in the backend db) for this to work. The dev will be able to offer some more insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.