replication "last snapshot sent to remote" - what does "clean" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artlessknave

Wizard
I have a replication that, instead of saying a last snapshot sent, or anything that looks like an error, simply says "Clean".
I haven't the foggiest clue what that means.
is it dirty and needs cleaning? how can there any such thing with zfs, since its supposed to self heal?
if it IS clean, why doesn't is just say the last snapshot sent?
I don't even know where to start, searching for something so generic as "replication clean" is incredibly useless
I dont see anything in the manual about "clean"ing a snapshot; stale remote snaps are recursively deleted
zpool list -v and zpool status -v show nothing unusual on either source or dest
zfs list -t snapshot on src or dest dont seem to show anything other than the snapshots i expect
there are no errors, no warnings; last scrub finished with nothing to repair...no check sum errors..
plenty of disk space is available
i see nothing that seems even remotely related in /var/logs/messages
never noticed that before updating to 11.1 from 11.0-u3
this is 1/5 replications
a search @ http://doc.freenas.org/11/ returns 1 result: make install clean in jails
so....can anyone point me ...somewhere?

FreeNAS-11.1-RELEASE

D

dlavigne

Did you get an answer to your question? If not, please post a screenshot of what you are seeing.

artlessknave

Wizard
its gone away so i can't screenshot it, but all it was, instead of "auto-20180101.0101-1y" or other snapshot name, it just said "clean".
so 5 replications, 4 of them showed the last snapshot sent, as the field says, and this one had nothing but the word clean in it.

artlessknave

Wizard
I think I accidentally ran across the answer here:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/cant-access-jails-via-ssh.27004/

installing a jail automatically creates a snapshot simply called "clean", so I believe that I just happened to look at it when it was syncing one of those, spectacularly un-descriptive, snapshot names
there are,indeed, 2 "clean" snapshots for each of my jails

Status
Not open for further replies.