Replication issues when upgrading from FreeNas to TrueNas Core

nut

Cadet
I have a few systems running with replication. One of the systems had 11.1 on the primary and 11.3 on the remote end. I upgraded the remote end first to 12, and replication stopped working. When I upgraded the primary to 11.3 it started working again.

When I upgraded the primary to 12 it did not accept the existing replication setup. I then had to create a new replication task, but somehow TrueNas12 have changed the naming scheme on snapshots so it was unable to find the previous snapshots it had already taken over time. Instead of trying to force the old setup into TrueNas i took the plunge and deleted the data on the remote end, and started a full replication from the primary. On this system it is not a big issue because the two systems are connected to the same switch and there is less than 2 TB of data.

I do however have another system with 80 TB+ of data where the remote end is located at a different site with more limited bandwidth. There is no chance I will do the same thing to get TrueNas running on those systems. Is there a way to get an old replication setup working in TrueNas? I would hope that there can be some scripts in the updating process that can make it work out of the box. If not it would be great to have a step by step guide for it.