Replication Issue -- remote dataset does not exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

denningsrogue

Dabbler
I have 2 pools (datapool and backuppool) each comprised of 2 4TB disks set up as a mirror. I want to replicated the snapshots of the sole dataset on the first pool to the second pool. I now seem to have everything set correctly but on replication I get the error message that the dataset does not exist on the "remote" system (both pools are in the same machine). I have set datapool/dataset to replicate to backuppool/backupdata. I have tested and I can write data to backuppool/backupdata but still the error message that the dataset on remote does not exist.

Any help would be appreciated.

(note: both are windows shares)

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
It's a known bug. I'm (and others) are having the same issue.

denningsrogue

Dabbler
Thanks for that. At least I can stop banging my head against the wall o_O.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
If you have email alerts setup, you should get a bunch of failed replication messages as well.

You can try zfs mount -a to restore the mount points. It doesn't always work, and will need to run again after the next replication.

denningsrogue

Dabbler
I am curious to understand the problem. I have local replication working perfectly on another box at a different location. There I am replicating a dataset on an RZ2 pool of 6 4TB disk to another local RZ2 pool of 6 4TB disks. Why is this situation different?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Are both boxes running the same version of freenas?

denningsrogue

Dabbler
They are.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
then I don't know. Maybe it's because it's an established pool and replication task.

For fun, create a new dataset, snapshot schedule and replication task on the box that isn't experiencing issues. See what happens.

fullspeed

Contributor
I had to create the dataset (ie. backups) on the remote side, on the push side I put only the pool name.

That said replication is unreliable at best for me, currently it's broken and unusable.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Status
Not open for further replies.