Replication Issue: inherited key must be loaded

TrueFan

Cadet
Hello fellow TrueNAS users,

I have been running a remote PULL replication task (over ssh) for a while now which would pull snapshots daily from a FreeNAS 11.3U5 system.
I was running TrueNAS 12.0-U4.1 until today when I updated to U5.

Today, the replication task failed and I cannot seem to get it to work again.

The error was:

Code:
send from @auto-2021-08-04_02-00 to pool@auto-2021-08-05_02-00 estimated size is 624
send from @auto-2021-08-04_02-00 to pool@auto-2021-08-05_02-00 estimated size is 624
cannot receive incremental stream: inherited key must be loaded.

The datasets on the FreeNAS system are encrypted and so is the pool on the TrueNAS system.
Additionally, the destination is encrypted with a passphrase which is stored in the sending TrueNAS database (checked box).

Both systems are dedicated servers, running 32GB of RAM and and Xeon CPUs, both running RAIDZ2 with 4 disks. They are physically located at different locations, therefore I want to avoid having to re-sync terabytes of data (initial sync took over 5 days).

Is there anything that can be done to circumvent this error? Can this possibly be related to the update? Daily syncs happened without any issue until today where the update to U5 took place.

Any ideas or assistance on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

TrueFan

Cadet
Even after redoing the replication from scratch, the same comes up again.

Any ideas?

TrueFan

Cadet
For anyone who stumbles onto this post, the solution is simple:

After the initial sync, go to "Pools" and Unlock the dataset with the encryption key set in the replication task. This has to be also done after every reboot.