Replication FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2 > FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2

DaveB_6958

Cadet
First let me apologize in advance, I come from a windows environment so what I call something may not be the right terminology.

I have two systems, both FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2

First is the primary server with 3 Jails ( 2 are 11.2, 1 11.3) running Plex, HDHomeRun, & MySQL. plus 16 TB of storage in 2 VDEVs, RAIDZ1
Second is only backup with enough storage to hold the backups

I set up two Replication Tasks using the Wizard for the primary folders and for iocage to push to the backup.

Each task runs at midnight, neither report any errors (I have debug selected for iocage). The primary folders are replicated and updated properly (adds, deletes, changes).

The replication task for iocage ran great the first time, all the datasets were created and populated with all files and folders, but each time it has run since the backup of iocage is empty - no datasets, files or folders. There are snapshots for each dataset that have been created each night, and are on both source and destination systems.

looking at the Pool display there are entries for all the datasets within iocage which show the space used for the Pool on the target and are the same on the source. I do have Recursive checked for this replication.

So what's happening? Is the replication broken or am I just not looking at the right place?

Last edited:

Alecmascot

Guru
Do a forum search for "replication empty"

DaveB_6958

Cadet
Solved (sort of)

After reading thru many of the "replication empty" posts found one the suggested running "zfs mount" from the shell on the target server. Lo and behold the datasets for the iocage backup aren't mounted. Reboot of target server and there they are.

I can live with that (I think) have to do more checking to verify that adds, deletes and changes are being propagated