Replication Failed: No incremental base on dataset

DavidYLau

Dabbler
Hi all,

I’m getting these alerts:

• Replication "Pool1/ix-applications – Pool2/ix_app_backup" failed: No incremental base on dataset 'Pool1/ix-applications/releases/plex' and replication from scratch is not allowed..
The snapshots of ix-applications seem to be completing OK. At least I’m not getting any alerts about them.

I’m guessing this is related to my recent re-installation of Plex from using ixVolume to Host-Path storage?

How do I get the replication to work? Delete any ix-applications/releases/plex snapshots?

chuck32

Guru
  • Replication "Pool1/ix-applications – Pool2/ix_app_backup" failed: No incremental base on dataset 'Pool1/ix-applications/releases/plex' and replication from scratch is not allowed..
Interesting color choice but not the easiest to read on dark mode.

How do I get the replication to work? Delete any ix-applications/releases/plex snapshots?
Enable replication from scratch in the replication task (assuming using the GUI) and turn it off again when you're done. The GUI will warn you and per
Delete any ix-applications/releases/plex snapshots?
I assume you're fine with it, but I'll just mention it just in case: This will delete your dataset on the destination.

Last edited:

chuck32

Guru
Thanks for the quick response!
No problem and kudos for your bravery. Despite my not so insignificant typo
This will delete your dataset on the source.
you went ahead :) I obviously meant destination.

DavidYLau

Dabbler
I didn't delete any of the snapshots.
I just restarted the replication with that switch enabled. That completed without any error/alert.
I cleared the "Replicate from scratch" switch. And did the replication a second time and that also completed without any error/alert.

chuck32

Guru
You did everything right, no worries.

It's just if you'd taken my typo literal you should have feared that your data on the source machine will get deleted. I meant destination but typed source.

NickF

Guru
The recursion of your backup job might be wrong if you ran into this problem?

"Pool1/ix-applications – Pool2/ix_app_backup

Are you sending from `the root of the pool` to the `root of the pool` in your Replication Task?

Like this. `Ice` to `Fire`, as an example?

1709694398570.png

Last edited:

DavidYLau

Dabbler
The replication is from one data-set to another data-set. Each of these data-sets is one level below their respective Pool root-level.
e.g. I'm replicating data-sets, not pools.