Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan101

Dabbler
Hi dear forum users,

I'm running for following setup
System Information

Hostname freenas.local
Build FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x64 (r12686+b770da6_dirty)
Platform Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Memory 12270MB

with 5X1TB WD Green Drives.

In order to test my understanding of replacing a failed drive and to rehearse it for when it does happen, I followed this:
http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Volumes#Replacing_a_Failed_Drive_or_Zil_Device

It took the better part of yesterday to resilver, after HD activity ceased (it was late at night), I shutdown using the GUI.

This this morning I noticed this: please see attached screenshot. Status shows green but Volume is degraded.
Screen shot 2013-04-28 at 12.30.05 PM.jpg

Zpool Status shows:
Screen shot 2013-04-28 at 12.51.50 PM.png

Any one has any ideas as to what I can do? The replaced drive is no longer showing and this is correct.
Screen shot 2013-04-28 at 12.55.41 PM.jpg

ada3 is the new 2TB drive.

I'm currently scrubbing the volume. Hope that works. Meanwhile any input from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

a nobo.... Dan101

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi Dan,

I just finished this procedure myself. We were probably resilvering at the same time :cool:

I think you overlooked this step:

4. If the replaced disk continues to be listed after resilvering is complete, use the Detach button to remove the disk from the list.

Dan101

Dabbler
Hi ProtoSD,

Thanks for the quick reply. ok, I read that as replaced drive, meaning if the old one taken out still appears, then detach.

Should I now cancel the scrub? Can it be done? What happens after I detach the new HD? The instructions are not clear after this. Sorry first time doing this...

Dan101

ProtoSD

MVP
You can cancel the scrub. From the command line try:

zpool scrub -s <Poolname>

They probably should have included a screenshot for the detaching part. This was my first time doing this myself on my own system.

From the GUI if you go to Storage->Volumes->View Volumes and then click on the Volume Status icon for your pool, it should list all the disks and only one of them should have a single icon for Detach, that's the one I clicked and everything's peachy.

Dan101

Dabbler
You can cancel the scrub. From the command line try:

zpool scrub -s <Poolname>

They probably should have included a screenshot for the detaching part. This was my first time doing this myself on my own system.

From the GUI if you go to Storage->Volumes->View Volumes and then click on the Volume Status icon for your pool, it should list all the disks and only one of them should have a single icon for Detach, that's the one I clicked and everything's peachy.

Thanks ProtoSD! Now my world's nice and happy. This closes a gap in my learning!

Dan101

Status
Not open for further replies.