Replacing Disk error

Hi Guys,
New to the forum and I really enjoy working with anything electronic both new and old. I know a little about Linux systems but I will be the first to say I fell like I know nothing when I read all your posts. So bear with my stupidity:smile:. First things first,

Software Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U8.1

Hardware:
HP DL380 Gen8 server
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2420 1.9 Ghz CPUs
48 GB of RAM
(1) HP H220 BUS Adapter
(12) 3 TB SAS HGST (ebay specials)

I had one of the HGST drives faulted yesterday so I followed the procedure to remove the drive offline from the pool and then replace the physical drive with a "new" (that's relative term with these drives). Once I placed the drive back into server I changed the status to online which made it unavailable. I then proceeded to replace the drive. That is when I got this error:
truenas-placement-error.jpg

I tried the process over and over again with the same result. Then just a few minutes ago it worked and replaced the drive and started to resilver. The only thing I can think I did differently is I was delayed about 30 mins from the drive being inserted and replace. I did make the drive online and unavailable before the delay. Could that be why the error says disk not found? You guys know you stuff and can explain to me what happened so I can correct it in the future. It confused me because I never had this issue until now. You can see from the image below everything is now resilver'ng and will be gtg in a few hours. Thanks for the help.
truenas-resilvering.jpg