Replacing and auto-expand

Jacopx

Patron
Buonasera folks,

I have just buy 5x 10TB new drives. I’d like to replace, one by one, my 5 disk disk in RAIDZ2. I’m expecting that, when the process will be finished, an auto-expand of the pool. Is there something special that I need to do before staring the procedure?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Nope replace them one at a time and the pool should auto expand when the last drive is done resilvering.

kappclark

Explorer
What Jailer said ! -- I just went through a drive by drive replacement of 4 x 1TB to a 4x2 TB setup...

replace--resilver ... but always be sure your critical files are backed up before touching any hardware !

A process, but now I have so much more room (and will never approach 5 x 10T !) ...

Jacopx

Patron
It could be possibile that CKSUM counter become greater than zero at the and of a replace?

Code:
zpool clear

have cleaned the number without problems.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
If your pool is encrypted, you'll also need to reset the encryption keys and set a new recovery key after each new drive completes resilvering.

Jacopx

Patron
If your pool is encrypted, you'll also need to reset the encryption keys and set a new recovery key after each new drive completes resilvering.
No encryption