Replacing All Disks in a Pool

tn2100

Cadet
What I need to do is replace all my 4TB disks with 10TB disks and I also want to switch from RAIDZ2 to be RAIDZ1.
Current RAIDZ2 setup: 6 disks and 2 parity disks (total 8 disks)
New Target RAIDZ1: 7 disks and 1 parity disk (total 8 disks)

I have a full backup on another raidz2, so my data is secure there and recently scrubbed, so I have no need to preserve the data on the original pool, I can simply destroy it and start fresh.

The challenge is, I don't want to have to go through and setup the backup jobs and the NFS shares, and the SMB shares, and the other replication tasks from others systems to the main pool.

Three options I can think of...
  1. Drop the existing pool and somehow preserve all the other configuration. Then create a new pool with the same name and it just magically works. I got a feeling something will be lost with this.
  2. Backup the server configuration, drop the existing pool, create new pool with same name, then restore the server configuration from the backup. I am concerned the new pool will have a different UUID and may need a configuration tweaked because of that - hopefully someone could share their experiences with this.
  3. Leave existing pool as-is, but add in a new vdev with the new disks in a raidz1 setup, then somehow remove the original raidz2 vdev from the pool. I'm not sure if truenas (using Core) will allow this.
I don't have any spare pools to test this out, so can't easily verify any of these options are going to work well. Worst case I have to setup all my shares, replication jobs, tasks, etc from scratch. Trying to avoid that and learn at the same time.

Thanks for the help!

sretalla