Removing Corrupt File

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
I've successfully built and configured my first FreeNAS box about a year ago. I'm currently running latest version of 9.3 (though this problem may date back a few versions). I have SABnzbd, Plex, Sickbeard and Couchpotato all installed in jails. I did most of the setup through the GUI. I have had no problems with CP and SB passing off nzbs to SAB and post processing works in moving downloads and renaming them properly. I do, however, get errors from time to time. I currently have a movie, which appears to have some corrupt files in it. Despite post processing just fine and moving (or possibly copying in this case) over to the proper folder and being recognized by plex. There is still a folder with files in it in my download folder. I tried accessing the share from both a PC and Mac and neither are able to delete the file. Should any other file show up there I have no problem deleting/copying/moving, but with this particular file I do. Long story, not so short, I'm wondering how I can remove this.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
From the cli or putty

Code:
rm -R path/to/file/to/remove

TheDubiousDubber

Contributor
From the cli or putty

Code:
rm -R path/to/file/to/remove

Awesome. Thank you! Now I just have to figure out the path. I've managed to forget most of what I learned.

BBarker

Contributor
I am having a similar problem but with a folder. It was loaded by SABnzdb and has 257 folders with no names and each folder has one file, also with no name. Total folder size for all is 1.3Mb. Can't delete from windows explorer as the read only box is filled in (not checked) and when I try and change it, I get a file too long error. Also has the "special permissions" checked and greyed out and it can not be changed as well as it crashed windows explorer when it tries to apply the changes. I logged into the WEBgui and went to shell and entered the following "rm - r /mnt/barker_/media/Movies/badfolder" and it still did not remove it........

Help?

UPDATE: I was able to delete once I turned on SSH in the services tab and retried the above command line. Thank you to those that suggested that to me......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.