Hi,

i installed two new drives on my freenas system and wanted to create new Datasets for the drives. I accidently clicked "enhance" of an existing dataset and i run with an error. After that i realised that i made a mistake und created a dataset for the new hard drives.
The new one runs fine but there is my Problem: the old ones are "broken"
The dataset stands there with an "error in calculating of drive capacity" and got a "locked" status.

Is there a way to recover the old datasets with the data on it?
I am not a professional and i hope someone may help me.

Thank you in advance,
Siggi

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, which version of FreeNAS? What is the full output of zpool status?

Hi,

the problem isn't solved yet.

I am realy no professional: When I type zpool status into the terminal over the webui, i only can read the last signs to copy and there is no way i can scroll up by using the mwheel or the arrows. How can i get the results in pieces so that i can make them into an .txt doc or so?

Thank you

Mark Jacobs

Cadet
Issue a zpool status | more command. That'll pipe the output of the zpool command into the more command. Hit the spacebar to page to the next screen.

the following txt files contains the content.

The Problem is with the marked raid array on the image ######16

Attachments

• zpool status.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 300
  • status locked.png
    status locked.png
    98.5 KB · Views: 351

Mark Jacobs

Cadet
No idea on how to, or even if it's possible to recover from the error. Do you have backups?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That pool would seem to be encrypted. Either you have the keys or it is lost forever.

i guess i have backups, but i dont know how to import them and on what things i have to have a look on