Recovering deleted files

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanh

Cadet
Hi All

I did a search and didn't find my particular issue, so sorry if this has already been covered. I'm running FreeNAS-9.2.1.8-RELEASE-x64 (e625626) on an unused computer I had, mostly for Plex. Lately Plex has been acting up so I reinstalled it. The installation worked fine but Plex didn't. So I reinstalled it again. If you haven't already guessed, I really don't know WTF I'm doing. Long story short, the latest Plex installation deleted all my old files and folders, including TVShows, Movies AND some iPhone files I had backed up. Obvious;y I want to restore these files and I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance.

Thanks

Bryan

bryanh

Cadet
Hi and thanks.

Platform Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz
Memory 4073MB
File System is ZFS.

bryanh

Cadet
I did find ZFS Snapshots under storage. There are 6 items. But they appear to be warden template files.

Robert Trevellyan

Pony Wrangler
the latest Plex installation deleted all my old files and folders, including TVShows, Movies AND some iPhone files I had backed up
More likely, it created new folders or mount points that are hiding the old ones. Has the free space gone up much? If not, I bet this is what happened.
Plex has been acting up
Most likely because...
Memory 4073MB
Not enough.

bryanh

Cadet
Thanks, the drive space hasn't gone up much if at all. And I know I need more RAM - that's why I can't install the FreeNAS update.

bryanh

Cadet
So, any suggestions on finding these hidden mount points and ultimately my files?

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Your media should have been in an attached storage (dataset) to the plugin and not within the plugin. If it was within the plugin and not on a dataset on your pool, then its all gone.

bryanh

Cadet
Not what I wanted to hear :( So there's no way of recovering the files then?

Thanks

Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.