Help recovering deleted files

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuffinTime

Cadet
Hello,

I was messing around with jails and trying to make my plex access files and be able to read them. I never got it to work but that isn't the big issue right now.
When messing around with the files inside the jail i was under the assumption i was only messing with the pointer itself and not the actual files. so i deleted what i thought was a pointer but somehow i affected the real files and now i can not view them under my share. 1.2TiB of Data is now missing.

I do not know if i have a backup or snapshots available but what is giving me hope is that it shows that the file is full of the data but I cannot see it.

I will try to attach photos below.

Here is a photo of what is visible in my share
pK9LEca.png

Here is what FreeNAS is showing.
xvKiXqg.png

as you can see. the "Movies" file is there and you can see that it shows it as being full of data.

Here is my share settings.
u3VXyIb.png

how do i recover my files?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You're looking in the wrong dataset. That share you have posted is to MediaStorage dataset and the one you have highlighted in the screenshot above it is the Movies dataset.

How exactly did you delete the files?

MuffinTime

Cadet
when i deleted the folder i was under "/mnt/MediaStorage/jails" but i had a jail storage that had the source of "/mnt/MediaStorage/Media/". If i remember correctly i had deleted it on the windows share instead of shell.

i figured that sense i was messing with the jail. nothing would happen to the real files.

note that the files that appear in the share picture, such as "movies V2, Action, and Drama" are from me importing NTFS drives into storage. no idea why it doesn't show up.

here is what the files look like in Windows File Explorer. don't know if this helps.
ZEnbWv9.png

Status
Not open for further replies.