Question: How to migrate from tftpd to tftpd-hpa app?

Tobi_dockert

Cadet
Version: TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.3.2

Hello everyone,

after last update i got the deprecation warning for some built-in services. S3 does not bother me because i was already migrating to minio.

TFTPD is another story:
"Deploy the tftpd-hpa application and port any existing configuration from System Settings > Services > TFTP to the deployed application."

Thats fine and works with the same dataset ootb. The issue is now with deprecated tftpd service i could share the same dataset via tftp and nfs. But now this not possible anymore tftpd-hpa will not start if the dataset is also shared via nfs.

Little background why i'm doing that:

I have bunch of raspberry pi which are booted via tftp for boot partition and nfs for root the partition. After booting the pi the /boot partition is mounted read-write via nfs. This is necessary because if there is an kernel update or other files needed for booting the pi are updated in /boot. Without remounting via nfs after tftp boot changes all changes are lost after an update.

Is there a solution how i can share same dataset for tftpd-hpa and share it via nfs? I was thinking about to make to datasets and sync them but i'm not sure if this will cause data corruption.

Thanks in advance