NFC share setup and permissions for PXE booting

wil421

Dabbler
What I want to do is to set up a directory to share with Raspberry Pis that will be PXE booting on startup. Here is an the example I am following but it's for a Synology, I have an RPI4 and a Ubiquiti router. Right now my pi user does not have permissions to write to the NFS share and I want to make sure I am doing everything correctly to avoid giving out more permissions than I need.

My setup:
ZFS pool setup as a SMB share called "Storage". wil421 is the owner of the share.

Inside Storage I have a directory called PXE that is shared as an NFS share. That will contain folders for each Pi's filesystem and the required boot files in a directory called TFTP. When I try to rsync the Pi's root folder I can't write to it. Beside my permission issue I think having an NFS share inside a SMB is going to cause issues itself. The computers using SMB will not be reading or writing to the PXE folders.

Do I need to create a new dataset inside Storage that is an NFS share and assign the permissions to Pi, or a group with Pi in it.

The DHCP and TFTP server settings for the NAS and my router seem straight forward and at this time it doesn't look like I will have an issue.

wil421

Dabbler
When I added wil421 as the mapall user I was able to write with rsync. However I do see a few errors.
Code:
rsync: mkstemp "/nfs/rpi4-pxe1/etc/ssh/.moduli.CtsavQ" failed: Operation not permitted (1)
rsync: chown "/nfs/rpi4-pxe1/lib/firmware/ar3k" failed: Operation not permitted (1)