Question about adding more storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haloboyisme

Cadet
So I'm very new to FreeNAS and I was just wondering if I used my old pc to build a FreeNAS server for home backup, can I use another pc and make it so how connect to the server that I have already and use it to add more room? Or do I have to just add more drives to my main FreeNAS server pc? Also, how would I go about that if so? Also, what are some cheap Hard drives or SSD for around $150 or less? Any link, comment or another form of this stuff please link for me <3

Info :
Build FreeNAS-11.1-U2
Platform Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
Memory 8153MB
System Time Fri, 9 Mar 2018 12:47:40 -0800
Uptime 12:47PM up 1 day, 21:13, 0 users
Load Average 0.03, 0.08, 0.10
Storage 4.1 Tib

Side note: I can replace, add, or take away any part on this pc, and I wanna build a backup server for my Pc's and work, I need about 10 Tib; speed doesn't matter that much.

danb35

Hall of Famer
can I use another pc and make it so how connect to the server that I have already and use it to add more room?
No, not really.
Or do I have to just add more drives to my main FreeNAS server pc?
This would probably be the better course, though you probably need more RAM.
Also, how would I go about that if so?
Have you tried looking at the manual?
Also, what are some cheap Hard drives or SSD for around $150 or less?
There are hundreds, if not thousands, of hard drives or SSDs around $150 or less, to the point that it would be pointless to try to list them. Try searching Amazon or Newegg. But the best deal I know of is when the 8 TB WD external drives go on sale at Best Buy for $160, and you shuck them out of their enclosures.

Status
Not open for further replies.