SOLVED Qbittorrent update/upgrade script

theomolenaar

Dabbler
Hi. I’m looking for a bash script to update an existing jail with qbittorrent-nox installed. I tried running as root:
pkg upgrade qbittorrent-nox but that didn’t work. Service wouldn’t start with: service qbittorrent-nox start. A search on github gave me a lot of results but no examples to do a simple update. If you have any working scripts or tips to make it work please let me know. Thanks!!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
How did you install qbittorrent-nox, via plugin or manual install in the jail? Are you trying to automate upgrades?

theomolenaar

Dabbler
Whoops. Forgot to mention that part. Manual install. I want to automate upgrades. The install process I used for qbittorrent-nox can be found here

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The install process I used for qbittorrent-nox can be found here
So that install method edits one of the files in the package (nano /usr/local/etc/rc.d/qbittorrent...), so when you update the package, you probably need to do the edits again.

theomolenaar

Dabbler
Yes edits needs to be done in the script. I tried using this:
Code:
sed 's/${qbittorrent_user=qbittorrent}/${qbittorrent_user=root}/g' /usr/local/etc/rc.d/qbittorrent
sed 's/${qbittorrent_group=qbittorrent}/${qbittorrent_group=wheel}/g' /usr/local/etc/rc.d/qbittorrent

But changes didn't get applied when viewing this file with nano right after.

sretalla