qBittorrent Unauthorized

rio236

Dabbler
Hello.
I have installed Official qBittorrent with all defaults
Storage for Config and Downloads
User - Apps - Owner + Group permissions
Installation was successful but cannot view portal - Unauthorized.
Please help.

LarsR

Guru
just klick in the adress bar and press enter. I had the same issue.
You can disable this promt in the qbittorrent webui, dont know the name of setting right now but when i'm home from work i could look it up

rio236

Dabbler
It worked - Brave browser security.
Firefox no issue at all.
Thank you.

rio236

Dabbler
You can disable this promt in the qbittorrent webui, dont know the name of setting right now but when i'm home from work i could look it up
How can I setup qBittorrent to a VPN service?

LarsR

Guru
Dont know If the official App Supports vpn, but the truecharts App Supports openvpn and wireguard.

theaddies

Contributor
Thanks for this.
Thanks for this. made me feel like a dope.

fatalskeptic

Dabbler
Lol this is unique. It worked lol

indivision

Guru
How can I setup qBittorrent to a VPN service?

Install the TrueCharts version of QBittorrent.

Then follow this guide:

"Heavy" also has a good guide here: https://heavysetup.info/applications/about/

FWIW, the TrueCharts version of QBittorrent doesn't have the "unauthorized" issue described in the OP.

daimon

Cadet
There is no default password, not since the v4.6.1 was released. See https://www.qbittorrent.org/news. Now, since we don't actually get to see the console during installation to TrueNAS, we're in a bit of a pickle.

One suggested solution is to edit the /var/db/qBittorrent/conf/qBittorrent/config/qBittorrent.conf and set the value
WebUI\Password_PBKDF2="@ByteArray(ARQ77eY1NUZaQsuDHbIMCA==:0WMRkYTUWVT9wVvdDtHAjU9b3b7uB8NR1Gur2hmQCvCDpm39Q+PsJRJPaCU51dEiz+dTzh8qbPsL8WkFljQYFQ==)"

Which is supposed to set the password to 'adminadmin'. Didn't try it myself though.

Or, if you had a backup of a previous setup or if you are doing a migration, like I did, you can copy the WebUI\Password_PBKDF2 and WebUI\Username values.

How do you edit the file you ask. Well, from within the jail, not that easily. I copied the original out of the jail, edited, copied back into jail. The first step would be to shut down the jail, then copy:
cp /mnt/<poolname>/iocage/jails/<jailname>/root/var/db/qbittorrent/conf/qBittorrent/config/qBittorrent.conf /mnt/<poolname>/<sharename>/<locationofchoice>

Replace the <> values according to your own situation.