Cant access qbittorrent files because of permission

dias

Dabbler
Hi,
I have a nfs share and dataset like /mnt/wd/wd and i created a folder in it named downloads (not from truenas, not a dataset). I've installed qbittorrent and can download files however i cant access files inside this folder. When i check the permissions of the files downloaded user is #586 but groups/others is none. I've added my user to apps group but i guess as files dont have a group it doesnt let me access it. I've also added chmod -R 770 “%F/” to "run external program" in qbittorrent but seems like it doesnt do anything.

Here is the screen shot of my settings:
Screenshot from 2022-11-09 13-56-27.png
Screenshot from 2022-11-09 13-56-41.png

Screenshot from 2022-11-09 13-55-51.png

Screenshot from 2022-11-09 13-55-26.png

Screenshot from 2022-11-09 13-54-04.png

Screenshot from 2022-11-09 13-52-27.png

What should i do? Anything wrong with these settings?

Thanks in advance.

dias

Dabbler
Tried by creating a dataset named "downloads" under /mnt/wd/wd/downloads but this time it makes the owner root and group to Editors but it doesnt give group any permission so i cant access inside directory. I manually change the directory from truenas control panel but it doesnt affect what i see in my linux machine.

Here is in truenas panel:

1.png

and here is what i see in my linux machine:

2.png

Even tried mpall user to root in nfs share still cant access, i can access upper folders but not the one created by truenas. Tried many different things but no solution please help.

Last edited:

dias

Dabbler
Ok, i managed to fix my problem, i guess it was because of my fstab file
it was like

192.168.10.95:/mnt/wd/wd /media/faruk/wd nfs defaults 0 0

changed it to:

192.168.10.95:/mnt/wd/wd /media/faruk/wd nfs rw,hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14 0 0

and now everything works fine, sorry i am not an experienced user.

jjairpants

Cadet
Thought i would add my 2 cents in here because it seems to be a fairly common issue and it really seems to be narrowed down to qbitorrent. I was having the same issues. it would download the files just fine and plex seemed to not care either but if i were to browse the directories it would not let me do so because of permissions errors. What i wound up doing was going into the qbitorrent app in truenas, edit the settings and change the user ID. it was set to the apps user and apparently it was setting all the permissions to everything it downloaded to that user and I couldn't access it. I changed the user ID to mine, which happened to be 1000 and after that it straightened up. so essentially it starting dropping the files in the download folder as me. plex still behaved just fine. but now i can open them and delete them if i need to. or rename them. Hope it helps. It seems it's only an issue on the truenas app as I have the client running on another server running under the local user and it has zero issues.