Pulling back for awhile

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Hi, everyone, I know I haven’t gone for a little while, and even this minor appearance is causing me some difficulty. A few weeks ago, I experienced what doctors have described as a series of micro strokes which apparently have something to do with a problem with a valve in my heart haven’t gone wonky. This has impacted my vision and my brain in various ways that are hard to define it just be aware that it has gotten so very much harder for me thanks, Orita, or focus on any other things that I love to do including participate in here and I do not know what the prognosis for recovery is but I Galveston that’s great stupid voice recognitionI do not know what the prognosis for recovery is but I gather it aigreat stupid voice recognition I’ve got Val replacement surgery on my heart in the morning, and I was told that I should be well rested this evening or in any case I hope I’ll be able to let you know what

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Get well soon!

Redcoat

MVP
@jgreco - I had a couple of open heart surgeries - a quadruple bypass and then a valve job. Keep a +ve attitude and let all the caregivers know what a fighter you are. Then let us all know how you have come through it.
My prayers and best wishes are with you, as I'm sure will be those of all of us here who have come to love and enjoy you through your many contributions and your enrichment of our personal experiences.

You're a good person, Joe. :frown: I have no words. May everything turn out well. Man I really have no words to capture how shocked and scared and confused I am to read this.

You have no obligations, and being a pioneer of the early days of "the Internets" you're a real "OG".

Be well, be safe!

Orita, or focus on any other things that I love to do including participate in here and I do not know what the prognosis for recovery is but I Galveston that’s great stupid voice recognitionI do not know what the prognosis for recovery is but I gather it aigreat stupid voice recognition I’ve got Val
I don't know who Orita, Galveston, or Val are, but if they're friends of Joe Greco, then they're good people too! :wink:

Hopefully during the interim of your absence we won't get a flood of new users who try to build their own 20-petabyte TrueNAS servers on a wide striped vDev, with 8GB of non-ECC RAM, using a USB boot drive, and partitioning a Kingston SSD in half to use as a SLOG + L2ARC on a single drive. :tongue:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
So sorry to hear that you are having issues. Getting older really sux. Hang in there and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Wishing you the best possible outcome and hoping that the tenacity (and depth) of your knowledge of storage and ZFS will ensure it remains stuck indelibly in your mind so you can eventually share it with us some more in the near future.

Get well.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I've learned a lot from you, and would love to see you back here at 100%--but more than that, hale and hearty whether you're active here or not. Get better soon.

olddog9

Dabbler
Hello Joe,
Wish you the best. Get well soon.

Good luck, listen and follow the doctors directions to the letter will give you best odds of a smooth recovery. we'll be waiting to see you stalking the forums again.

Kris Moore

SVP of Engineering
Administrator
iXsystems
Hey Joe! That is some scary news, but we are all rooting for you here and hope the treatment and recovery goes well.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Life sucks. Get well and to full recovery!

Heracles

Wizard
Best wishes to you and hope you will recover completely

Dice

Wizard
I wish you all the best and hope you will recover soon.
I also like to take the opportunity to thank you for the inspiration and wisdom you've shared on the forums.
I've had great pleasure reading and thinking about your cleverly formulated insights ...(and rants :))

Hang in there, Grinch!

Pitfrr

Wizard
Get well and good recovery.
Take your time and hope to read you soon.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Hi, everyone, I know I haven’t gone for a little while, and even this minor appearance is causing me some difficulty. A few weeks ago, I experienced what doctors have described as a series of micro strokes which apparently have something to do with a problem with a valve in my heart haven’t gone wonky. This has impacted my vision and my brain in various ways that are hard to define it just be aware that it has gotten so very much harder for me thanks, Orita, or focus on any other things that I love to do including participate in here and I do not know what the prognosis for recovery is but I Galveston that’s great stupid voice recognitionI do not know what the prognosis for recovery is but I gather it aigreat stupid voice recognition I’ve got Val replacement surgery on my heart in the morning, and I was told that I should be well rested this evening or in any case I hope I’ll be able to let you know what

omg Grinchy get a magnifying glass and type out your messages or maybe buy.a better speech to text agent than Siri….

I am currently stuck on an iPad, but I expect to be getting access to one of my company laptops in the next few days and we will see how that goes. It was a little unclear a few weeks ago how that was going to go, especially because I’ve got a few new interesting problems, but we will give it shot and see what happens I’m not going to respond to everybody involved right now because it’s really hard on an iPad. However I will also make the following comment

Good luck, listen and follow the doctors directions to the letter will give you best odds of a smooth recovery. we'll be waiting to see you stalking the forums again.
Well I can get in trouble if I dont do the things I was told to do by the people on the unit. My wife is a certified rehabilitation RN who worked at Milwaukee’s largest hospital’s rehabilitation unit for many years, and that’s conveniently where I happen to find myself now, which has the big upside that more than half the staff of the unit knows her from her time here, and they seem to be reporting back to her on every little thing. So I seem to be enjoying minor celebrity status of sorts.

We are expected to do about four hours of various kinds of rehabilitation therapy on this floor every day, and I am definitely putting my all into it —- you guys all know me, and I need to be sometimes just a little excessive. Trying my damnedest to live up to that. In any case, I didn’t want anybody to think I had forgotten about the forums, and I just kind of wanted to post a status update. With some Rocco may be discharged here in a few weeks and then a whole new adventure begins … Best wishes guys

Etorix

Wizard
Good to hear from our favourite Grinch again.

Get well and recover!

Redcoat

MVP
Very good to hear from you. Sounds like you are responding well to a very positive environment. Keep it up!