Proper sizing of SLOG and transaction group

Status
Not open for further replies.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Looking at the camcontrol output, it looks like the HPA is configured but not enabled.

Try using the -P option along with the -s:
Code:
camcontrol security da10 -e
camcontrol hpa da10 -P -s 31250000 

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
@webpilot, the FreeBSD manpage for camcontrol shows the -P option for the 'hpa' command, which "Make(s) the HPA max sectors persist across power-on reset or a hardware reset. This must be used in combination with -s max_sectors."

Gory details here:

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=camcontrol&sektion=8

Ha! I see that @depasseg just posted about the '-P' option, too. Great minds think alike!

webpilot

Dabbler
I don't have access to the box right now, but the drive showed as 200GB in the disk list view and the hpa showed the same amount in sector count. Is there another way to confirm if FreeNAS is using it as 16GB?

I am not sure if this issue is a mix of LSI V20 on the HBA not playing nice with freenas since I was able to see the changes made in sector count upon issuing the commands and the disk list updated on a reboot afterwards. Does anyone know if the camcontrol setting are kept in the freenas boot records or on the HBA adapter? I am wondering if I need to take out the SSD and perform the under provisioning in a separate desktop and replace in the freenas box.

webpilot

Dabbler
I am sorry that I missed the previous posts from you two @depasseg and @Spearfoot, Thanks for quick replies, I will give that a try. I will make sure to check the question pages first before re-posting......

Status
Not open for further replies.