proftpd server

radar

Cadet
I am creating a sftp server to store security camera videos. My camera's are only capable of transferring via SFTP or NAS. I am stepping through the proftpd server install following a truenas how to: https://www.truenas.com/community/resources/how-to-set-up-proftpd-as-a-secure-sftp-server.10/

I've successfully completed:

Created the Jail

Added storage; source /mnt/tank2/theshare/Concord Destination /mnt/tank2/iocage/jails/sftpserver/root/media

Pulled the latest copy of the ports tree and Installed proftpd

Created SSH server keys and dhparams

Generated the dhparams file

Edited the proftpd.conf as shown

Now THE BIG FIG NEWTON... the tricky part...
I've re-ordered the task list according to how I completed the tasks

Initially the ftpasswd utility was not functional. Corresponding with TJ Saunders @ proftpd, he recognized that PERL was not installed. After the PERL install, ftpasswd worked as designed. A BIG thank you to TJ.

Generate a salted and hashed password

Code:
ftpasswd: $1$bil8yaQC$uygCkBCLjfZ5NZzREMpBL1

Created the user file. I only need two users, me and cameras

Code:
me:$1$bil8yaQC$uygCkBCLjfZ5NZzREMpBL1:1002:1005::/mnt/tank2/iocage/jails/sftpserver/root/media/photos:/sbin/nologin
cameras:$1$bil8yaQC$uygCkBCLjfZ5NZzREMpBL1:1001:1004::/mnt/tank2/iocage/jails/sftpserver/root/media/photos:/sbin/nologin

Created the groups file but no code

Code:

Modified permissions of ftp.users and ftp.groups

Added ProFTPd to rc.conf

restarted the service

Opened WinSCP, created a site; cameras, mypassword, ipaddress, port 22

Network error: Connection to "10.10.10.10" refused.

A little help would be greatly appreciated.

sretalla