professional FreeNAS Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael.samer

Dabbler
Hello
after the memory leak in FNAS 11.1 we got a big discussion running about help, support and future in my team and by my employer. Why OpenSource...
Because of the long waiting I was overruled and FNAS was discarded a month ago and replaced with "a System/Software with support to rely on, just in case". Now is RHEL with GlusterFS the new hope, but it's far from ideal for our purpose (big big CIFS storage in one huge pool+snapshots+replication). As we have a point reached before the new system is able to deploy, I'd like to give FNAS (and opensource in generell) another chance, but I need support.
We are searching for a NextBusinessDay contract on yearly basis or a case/time based contract.
The system is running inside a VM of VMware 6.0 with SAN based raw LUNs 2*4*500TiB storage nodes and lots of nics to deliver the data to our VLANs. Plainly not something difficult to support as the 11.0 did run for 4 month and when we upgraded (security reasons) we ran into trouble neither we could solve nor the community support at first (thanks anodos for fixing it finally).
We first contacted the iXsystems support which told us they only support their hardware and reflected our case to the German distributor for TrueNAS, we waited, contacted again and nothing came back. I contacted in the meantime the function "support professionals" on the ixsystems website and hoped for some offer (contract) to help.

I'd be glad if anodos and his company would help us to get rid of the money we offer (or better the other way round: make an offer on monthly, yearly, per call based and get money for such a great product (ZFS in particular, FreeNAS especially) to patch open bugs.

Any Offer in sight?

Cheers
Michael

gpsguy

Are you aware that @anodos works for iXsystems?

Perhaps he, or one of the other iXsystem's employees on the forum, @dlavigne can get the right folks at iXsystems to can help your organization find paid support in Germany.

I'd be glad if anodos and his company

michael.samer

Dabbler
Are you aware that @anodos works for iXsystems?

Perhaps he, or one of the other iXsystem's employees on the forum, @dlavigne can get the right folks at iXsystems to can help your organization find paid support in Germany.

Hi gpsguy
of course I know. I had a lot of mails from him. I just didn't ask, because the patch sounded so simpel and then U5 took about 6 weeks until it was released. As mentioned iXsystems already contacted the DE distributor and no reply since then. It might even be a contract around the world as long as the NBD is fulfilled.
It amazes me to wink with money and nobody wants it for good. That iX itself does not offer it puzzles me as well: just software support, no feature request...

Hopefully some suport company and iX reads this and react :smile:

Cheers
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.