Formal FreeNAS Support (Paid)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizzbee

Cadet
Can anyone share vendors that provide support for the FreeNAS systems running on Silicon Mechanics hardware?

I"m looking to either go into a support contract with SLA's and or if there are adhoc services where I can establish a long term relationship in support of my FreeNAS units

Last edited:

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
For third-party (not TrueNAS or FreeNAS Mini) hardware, your best bet is probably to contact iXsystems with some details here:

https://www.ixsystems.com/freenas-commercial-support/

I imagine you'll negotiate SLAs or any kind of "retainer" setup with the third-party you're put in contact with. You could also try to look for generalized "ZFS support" although you'll want to stipulate that it's not only "ZFS on FreeBSD" but specifically "ZFS on FreeNAS" support you're after.

Tagging a moderator who might have better connections to the staff and that process - @Ericloewe

(Also, I'm assuming you mean "SuperMicro" not "SiliconMicro" for the hardware?)

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I'm not sure what kind of non-TrueNAS support iX offers, directly or indirectly. I'm under the impression they have support partners these days.

Shizzbee

Cadet
For third-party (not TrueNAS or FreeNAS Mini) hardware, your best bet is probably to contact iXsystems with some details here:

https://www.ixsystems.com/freenas-commercial-support/

I imagine you'll negotiate SLAs or any kind of "retainer" setup with the third-party you're put in contact with. You could also try to look for generalized "ZFS support" although you'll want to stipulate that it's not only "ZFS on FreeBSD" but specifically "ZFS on FreeNAS" support you're after.

Tagging a moderator who might have better connections to the staff and that process - @Ericloewe

(Also, I'm assuming you mean "SuperMicro" not "SiliconMicro" for the hardware?)

Its actually Silicon Mechanics, sorry about that. I updated the first post too.

You are correct, I'd like proper support with an SLA using a contract and or retainer and or tell me how to pay you.

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Its actually Silicon Mechanics, sorry about that. I updated the first post too.

Looking at their site, it seems to be all SuperMicro boards under the hood; which is good, because SuperMicro tends to make well-documented, reliable hardware.

You are correct, I'd like proper support with an SLA using a contract and or retainer and or tell me how to pay you.

How many systems are you looking at supporting, and are they already deployed/in production/still being spec'd/built?

Shizzbee

Cadet
Looking at their site, it seems to be all SuperMicro boards under the hood; which is good, because SuperMicro tends to make well-documented, reliable hardware.

How many systems are you looking at supporting, and are they already deployed/in production/still being spec'd/built?
I have 2 live in production, growing to 3 then maybe 4 units. The third unit will be deployed end of October and the forth is still in the planning stage.

Allan Jude

Dabbler
Can anyone share vendors that provide support for the FreeNAS systems running on Silicon Mechanics hardware?

I"m looking to either go into a support contract with SLA's and or if there are adhoc services where I can establish a long term relationship in support of my FreeNAS units

My company, Klara Systems, can do adhoc and retainer based support for ZFS. Contact support@klarasystems.com and we can discuss your needs.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Status
Not open for further replies.