Problems with Upgrade to TrueNas Core

mbartho

Cadet
We are attempting to update a system from FreeNAS 11.3-U4 to TrueNAS CORE 12.0-U1. The download runs as it should and the install seems to complete. However, the system did not automatically reboot. When looking in System>Boot we can see 12.0-U1 listed with reboot as the action. We performed a manual reboot. At this point we cannot get the system to boot. The system seems to be hanging with some sort of failure. These are the last few lines from the boot screen:

/usr/local/bin/sqlite3 /data/freenas-v1.db $'select count () from django_migrateions where app = \'account\' and name + \'0005_add_netdata_user\""
newbd=1
[ 1 '!=' 1 ]
rm -f /data/update.failed
[ ! -f /data/update.failed ]
/usr/local/sbin/migrate113 -f /data/freenas-v1.db
/usr/local/sbin/migrate

Any thoughts on how to overcome this issue?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Any thoughts on how to overcome this issue?
Depends on how quick you want to be.

I would build a fresh OS and restore the config to it.

mbartho

Cadet
This is likely what I will do. I was able to boot on the previous version. I am using an Isilon NL400 with two UBS as boot drives. I will likely pick up some EMC of ScanDisk half-slim SSD's and start over with a fresh install of TrueNas.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
/usr/local/sbin/migrate113 -f /data/freenas-v1.db
Not being funny but it appears the update failed. I had this happen to me when I went from version 9.3 to version 9.10 and I was able to do an install to the existing boot media and it picked up my config db and came right back to where it should have been after the upgrade.
I would try doing an install to correct the failed upgrade.

mbartho

Cadet
Not being funny but it appears the update failed. I had this happen to me when I went from version 9.3 to version 9.10 and I was able to do an install to the existing boot media and it picked up my config db and came right back to where it should have been after the upgrade.
I would try doing an install to correct the failed upgrade.
This was my initial thought as well. However, the Task Manager showed the update has finished. Obviously, something did not go as planned though.

arrowsama

Cadet
Just for people in the same spot that this thread descibes:

I ended up here while waiting for my FreeNAS 11.3 U5 -> TrueNAS 12.0 upgrade and can say that I just waited it out and after slightly more than 1h, the system finished the migration and rebooted properly to an updated system

ilium007

Explorer
I am stuck in the exact same place for over an hour. If I build a fresh 12.0 system can I restore config from the 11.3 U5 I was upgrading from?