Problem with large files

Status
Not open for further replies.

PauloP

Cadet
Hi all,

I´ve been using FreeNas for a while in 3 machines and LOVE IT!
One of my "servers" was built with:
- AMD X2 190 Processor
- 8GB DDR3 Kingston
- 4 x 4TB WD HDD RED
Installed FreeNAS-9.1.1-RELEASE-x64 (a752d35) on a pen drive and setup 2 drives of aprox 5TB and 3TB as iSCSI.

On the server side firt I use an old 2003 Server but when problems started I move the iSCSI drives to a new 2012 Server and after a couple of days the problems went back.

The problem is:
- small files (excel word, etc) work ok in any drive
- big files like 2GB *.mpg files sometimes are created with ZERO bit and other times they are created but it takes forever.
- I´ve managed to put files in the iSCSI drive at 200MB/s! and the read is down to around 10MB/s...

Can you help me?
I´ve checked this and other foruns but couldn´t find an answer...
Thanks in advanced!

D

dlavigne

Did you ever figure this out?

If not, anything in /var/log/messages on the FreeNAS side? Anything in the logs on the Windows server side?

gpsguy

You might start with more RAM and a better processor.

Search the forums using Google - "site:forums.freenas.org iscsi" (without the quotes)

PauloP

Cadet
Hi, as I couln't leave the problem without resolution for a week I deleted the 5TB and create a new one wih 4TB and as been working so far.
I can download large files from the iSCSI connection at 10MB/s average and upload it at up to 500MB/s (?? yes its strange but the file is there and ok... must be a new feature in Win2012). It takes more time to delete the file...
As for processor, it uses 4% average and never goes more than 45% at peek... Ram is at 6.9 Max with 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.