Problem getting drives to show up in Volume Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgkulzer

Cadet
I just now built a new computer for a freenas install and am having a problem adding my drives to the volume manager. I basically copied my hardware setup from a blog I found online and they used the same cpu/mb etc so I think it should be able to work. I am able to view the disks in "view disks" as seen in
H8nQph2.jpg

When I go to volume manager however I select which volume to extend and I have no drives showing up in the list?
ArOb8En.jpg

The purpose of this freenas install is to back up my steam directory, games, movies etc. I just want to have one large volume in a Raid Z1 configuration that will be accessed only from my main Win 10 pc. From my win10 pc I can view the Freenas install and view the "allstuff" folder but I am of course unable to save anything to it. I tried following the online guides and searching and have the feeling I am making a small mistake somewhere. Thanks
ZxXc7oA.jpg

Freenas 9.10
Motherboard: Asus B150m-k d3 (upgraded to most recent bios)
Intel B150m chipset
CPU: Intel G3920
Hard Drives: 4 HGST Deskstar NAS 3 TB drives
Ram: 8 Gig

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I basically copied my hardware setup from a blog I found online
Well, guess what. Whoever wrote it is a jackass who steers people into crap hardware.

When I go to volume manager however I select which volume to extend and I have no drives showing up in the list?
That's because they're already in the pool.

From my win10 pc I can view the Freenas install and view the "allstuff" folder but I am of course unable to save anything to it.
You can't write to the share? Fix the permissions: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?resources/freenas-and-samba-smb-permissions-video.8/

gpsguy

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Oh, how he lovingly says it includes and RTL8111H, like it's a good thing. I should send him some hate mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.