Privileged apps hijacking server terminal

radomirpolach

Explorer
When I start a privileged app, it takes over server terminal:
1660323134712.png

homer27081990

Patron
That is not a terminal intended for users, I think. Try another one (Ctrl + Alt + F1 OR F2 OR F3 OR F4). Unless this is serial, in that case you need to change your configuration to be passing tty2 or 3 or 4. Unless I am wrong. If you are running the command, you could try running it with an & at the end, like command -arg1 -arg2 &, which would run it in the background and leave the console alone.

homer27081990

Patron
Also, now that I took a second look, could it be that you tried immediately after boot to use the console? You should wait a bit, and even if system messages pop-up on their own, you can just ignore them and keep typing, that text does not count as input. If you want to clearly see what you write, just press enter. Also, see here.

radomirpolach

Explorer
That is not a terminal intended for users, I think. Try another one (Ctrl + Alt + F1 OR F2 OR F3 OR F4). Unless this is serial, in that case you need to change your configuration to be passing tty2 or 3 or 4. Unless I am wrong. If you are running the command, you could try running it with an & at the end, like command -arg1 -arg2 &, which would run it in the background and leave the console alone.
It has TrueNAS menu before privileged app starts. (And you cannot return to the menu.)

The kernel messages are not relevant to the issue.

homer27081990

Patron
If you run a command that takes up your console and you need to Ctrl+C it to continue working, just run it with a & at the end, like I said.

homer27081990

Patron
It has TrueNAS menu before privileged app starts. (And you cannot return to the menu.)

The kernel messages are not relevant to the issue.
Sorry but it seems I may be lost in translation. Do you run the app manually, or does it run on its own?

radomirpolach

Explorer
If you run a command that takes up your console and you need to Ctrl+C it to continue working, just run it with a & at the end, like I said.
I haven't run any command. I am not sure if you understand the issue. CTRL+C or CTRL+D takes you to login to one of my pods, no TrueNAS menu is restored.