Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I was somewhat surprised, too.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Those placed in iX Employees group as primary with Registered+ as secondary will all need post approval, so Damianos is only the more prolific poster lately with those conditions.

A new promotion solves this oversight while leaving the rest of the desired effects alone, it simply adds them (iX Employees) to Registered group (as secondary) when logged in, if valid, and neither abandoned nor banned.

EDIT:
Of course due to the marvelous permissions system, the above had unforeseen complications. The promotion was removed, then effects intended to be rolled back, but the issue remained: that some have iX Employee as primary and those same members do not have 'registered'. *shrugs* I cannot say what 'iX Employee' group is precisely intended to do besides add/include an "iX Systems' ribbon/title for those users. I don't know what sort of privileges are given to employees or expectations or limitations. If indeed the real purpose of the group is to provide the ribbon/title, then all those employees can have registered as primary, iX Employee a ticked secondary group. iX Employee provides its own title/ribbon, as do Moderator, Super Moderator, and Admin. NONE of the other groups ought to cause any visible variation in anything, though their permissions may vary.

That is how the issue *should* be resolved, I have gone over this before, it has been verified as the right way to do it (registered being primary group), but the issue continues to reappear. It will likely mean a process of manually editing all of those forum user accounts which have or are members of iX Employee group. The trouble with any fix, is how NEW accounts for employees are configured, set up, created, since those would need to be done in line with the new/proper precedence: registered as primary, iX employee as ticked secondary.

Last edited:

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
This is quite old, it has recurred since, but the way out from this shall be relatively simple, I just need to investigate the ribbons and other things associated with group membership. I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.