SOLVED POSIX ACLs

Patrick_3000

Contributor
I have two SCALE Bluefin servers, one that had SCALE installed originally as Angelfish and has since been upgraded to Bluefin, and one that was originally installed as Bluefin.

The old one, that started out as Angelfish and later was upgraded to Bluefin, has POSIX ACLs on all datasets. I like POSIX ACLs because they're easy to understand and work with.

The new one, that started out as Bluefin, has NFSv4 ACLs, which are unnecessarily complicated and hard to work with in my opinion. The problem is that I can't find any way to convert NFSv4 ACLs to POSIX ACLs in the Bluefin UI. Also, the documentation discusses POSIX ACLs but does not, as far as I can tell, say how to create them. See https://www.truenas.com/docs/scale/scaleuireference/storage/datasets/editaclscreens/.

I have tried stripping ACLs and starting fresh but still do not see an option for creating POSIX ACLs. I suspect that they're potentially being deprecated but can't find anything about this.

So, does anyone know what's happening with POSIX ACLs and, better yet, know how to create or convert to them?

LarsR

Guru
Go the Dataset Menu point and click on Edit on the "Dataset Details" Tile.
Click on Advanced options next to the save button. There you can find the option to switch from posix to nfsv4 or vise versa. The Option is called "ACL Type"

Edit:
I think nfsv4 is just the default acl type now.

Patrick_3000

Contributor
Go the Dataset Menu point and click on Edit on the "Dataset Details" Tile.
Click on Advanced options next to the save button. There you can find the option to switch from posix to nfsv4 or vise versa. The Option is called "ACL Type"

Edit:
I think nfsv4 is just the default acl type now.
That worked perfectly. Thanks.