Plugins Won't Start - "Some error occurred"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jg3

Dabbler
Whenever I try to start a plugin I get this in the UI: "Some error occurred"

A couple of weeks ago I installed 9.10.2-U3 and put in four or five plugins and everything worked fine. After I rebooted for some reason I started happening. I have scoured the forum to find lots of people having similar issues but none seem to be exactly the same. Now I installed fresh from ISO from FreeNAS-9.10.2-U3 and had the problem, updated to U4 today and it persists. The jail starts fine (as far as I can tell) but not the plugin. The log gives a 503 error but it never changes.

FreeNAS is running in a VM on an ESXi host with just one other VM. I've given it 12 G of RAM and plenty of disk space. I'd be obliged for any pointers to help me resolve the mystery.

Code:
May 28 17:02:29 freenas bridge0: Ethernet address: 02:92:94:2f:a4:00
May 28 17:02:29 freenas kernel: bridge0: link state changed to UP
May 28 17:02:29 freenas kernel: bridge0: link state changed to UP
May 28 17:02:29 freenas kernel: em0: promiscuous mode enabled
May 28 17:02:29 freenas epair0a: Ethernet address: 02:ff:20:00:04:0a
May 28 17:02:29 freenas epair0b: Ethernet address: 02:ff:70:00:05:0b
May 28 17:02:29 freenas kernel: epair0a: link state changed to UP
May 28 17:02:29 freenas kernel: epair0a: link state changed to UP
May 28 17:02:29 freenas kernel: epair0b: link state changed to UP
May 28 17:02:29 freenas kernel: epair0b: link state changed to UP
May 28 17:02:29 freenas kernel: epair0a: promiscuous mode enabled
May 28 17:02:29 freenas kernel: ng_ether_ifnet_arrival_event: can't re-name node epair0b
May 28 17:02:29 freenas kernel: ng_ether_ifnet_arrival_event: can't re-name node epair0b
May 28 17:03:40 freenas manage.py: [freeadmin.navtree:577] Couldn't retrieve http://10.39.6.64/plugins/sabnzbd/1/_s/treemenu: HTTP Error 503: OK
May 28 17:04:20 freenas manage.py: [plugins.utils:91] Couldn't retrieve http://10.39.6.64/plugins/sabnzbd/1/_s/status: HTTP Error 503: OK

jg3

Dabbler
In this forum, I have seen that user jaypertermen had a similar sounding issue here
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...urred-while-trying-to-start-any-plugin.28915/

But I don't think I am dealing with either the memory limitation or a permissions issues s/he faced. I have 12GB of RAM on a fresh install and only one plugin loaded. On the Reports page it reports 10GB free and 0 swap used. For the permissions part of it I don't get the same su: pam_start error when manually starting the service inside the jail, it starts up without issue:

Code:
freenas% jls
  JID  IP Address  Hostname  Path
  1  -  sabnzbd_1  /mnt/da1_45G/jails/sabnzbd_1

freenas% sudo jexec 1 csh
Password:
root@sabnzbd_1:/ # service sabnzbd onestatus
sabnzbd is not running.
root@sabnzbd_1:/ # service sabnzbd onestart
Starting sabnzbd.
root@sabnzbd_1:/ # service sabnzbd onestatus
sabnzbd is running as pid 41771.
root@sabnzbd_1:/ #

For completeness, some details about my storage setup ... I have one storage volume, /da1_45G and /mnt/da1_45G/media is shared out via SMB under the name media. The /mnt/da1_45G/media directory is "chown -R media:media" and so it has the same ownership (media) as /media in my jails (and the media user and group in both FreeNAS and the jails have the same user ID). In the jails storage section I have /mnt/da1_45G/media mounted as /media in the jail.

Really confused as to how I'm screwing this up in successive installs. TIA for any help.

D

dlavigne

That sounds more like a networking issue. Is another system or jail using the 10.39.6.64 address?

Hjortsberg

Cadet
I have a very similar problem with my both a fresh install and a long time install.
Plugin I'm trying to install is crashplan which i have done a couple of times.
I do also get the treemenu error message and 503 OK.
Can't start the service inside jail due to :
Code:
Shared object "libintl.so.9" not found, required by "bash"	

Solutions is much appriciated.

D

dlavigne

I have a very similar problem with my both a fresh install and a long time install.
Plugin I'm trying to install is crashplan which i have done a couple of times.
I do also get the treemenu error message and 503 OK.
Can't start the service inside jail due to :
Code:
Shared object "libintl.so.9" not found, required by "bash"	

Solutions is much appriciated.

Were you able to resolve this?

Hjortsberg

Cadet
Were you able to resolve this?

Not entirely.
Did some digging in the jail and found that the missing libintl.so.9 and libiconv.so.3 (i think) was present in the jail. Just not in the right place.
They were located at
Code:
usr/pbi/crashplan-amd64/lib/
. I manualy copied these two libs to the lib folder of the jail and bash didn't throw any further errors.
After this step the plugin were visible under the plugin tab in the gui.
Although, klicking it to accept the java eula got me a django debug trail in the box where the eula should appear.
I do not have access to this box at the moment so I'm sorry i can't paste the entire django error message.
This error should be easily replicatable just by trying to install the crashplan plugin on a fresh install.

Please tell me if there's something i can do to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.