SOLVED Plugins don't function after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolf

Dabbler
Hello, first things first thank you for taking the time to read my problem. I'm positive its a simple solution however I'm very much a n00b with freeness and having a lot of fun learning new things with each problem I encounter however frustrating it may be.

Now to the problem, I had my machine up and running smoothly with the plex and transmission plugins/jails with CIFS as guest, everything was great, however I want a username and login with my CIFS share. I did encounter permission issues with Transmission and Plex but with some google searches and reading the FreeNas user guide I was successful, then I rebooted and my plugins wouldn't turn on. I discovered the only way I could get them to work again was by deleting the jails and plugins to start fresh with full guest permissions.

I'm feeling I am missing a vital step somewhere OR not doing something after reboot ? Like i mentioned before everything works well till after the reboot.

Any help and advice will be great, even a point in the right direction.

My setup

BuildFreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201503120630
PlatformAMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
Memory 7333 MB

one 2TB drive (more will come once I'm properly familiar with freenas)
1 volume set in stripe layout
Guest access disabled
with my user ownership and password to access CIF shares

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Is your pool encrypted? I don't think you are missing anything. Did you try and search for people who have had similar problems? I see threads like this maybe once a week but haven't really followed them so I don't have any ideas.

CraftyClown

Patron
Double check you're not having an IP clash. If you have any assigned IPs already on your network, make sure Freenas isn't assigning the same addresses to your plugins. If this is the case, when your reboot your machine, Freenas will be unable to assign an IP address and the plugin will fail to start.

EDIT:

Oh wait, hold on. You didn't recursively change the permissions on the dataset that contains your plugins jail did you? That will undoubtedly break all the plugins!

lonewolf

Dabbler
My pool isn't encrypted (at least I don't think I have encrypted them) only thing I done was adding a user name and password to the CIFs then changed permissions to suit the user. I have assigned the machine itself an ip however I've left the others be and will check them to make sure that isn't the problem.

When setting the shares to work with my user name I did change the permissions recursively, I will redo the entire jails and plugins then report back my findings.

CraftyClown

Patron
My concern was that you might have changed the permissions on the pluginjail itself (or recursively on the dataset that contains it) That would definitely break them and I can say that one from experience! lol

lonewolf

Dabbler
Excellent, recursively changing permissions in the volume that contained my jails had obliterated my plugins from working. resetting them up and simply changing the dataset permissions worked a charm.

Thank you for your responses and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.