Plugin versions? / Off-Site Bkup Options

Would you like to see a UI admin to a off-site backup solution (e.g. Amazon S3)?

• I'm good with what's available.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You shouldn't bother the developers with this.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith Savoie

Dabbler
Don't get me wrong, I HIGHLY! appreciate all that FreeNAS offers.
I personally use CrashPlan with success but now see that they are insisting users update their clients and that will break my usage. In reviewing the only other off site backup Plugin option 'Amazon S3 tools' I see that it is several versions behind. This seems to be the case with most of the Plugin projects.
I don't want to complain as I understand that there is a considerable amount of resources needed to keep a Plugin instance up to date. My concern is that while FreeNAS is so very efficient at setting up and administering, there isn't a easy to setup/configure and reliable option that provides off site scheduled file backup. I know there are ways to finagle a solution, but it would be incredibly AWESOME if a UI based S3 (or similar) backup option was baked right into FreeNAS.
My 2¢. Thanks.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Don't get me wrong, I HIGHLY! appreciate all that FreeNAS offers.
I personally use CrashPlan with success but now see that they are insisting users update their clients and that will break my usage. In reviewing the only other off site backup Plugin option 'Amazon S3 tools' I see that it is several versions behind. This seems to be the case with most of the Plugin projects.
I don't want to complain as I understand that there is a considerable amount of resources needed to keep a Plugin instance up to date. My concern is that while FreeNAS is so very efficient at setting up and administering, there isn't a easy to setup/configure and reliable option that provides off site scheduled file backup. I know there are ways to finagle a solution, but it would be incredibly AWESOME if a UI based S3 (or similar) backup option was baked right into FreeNAS.
My 2¢. Thanks.
I doubt most of the projects are behind the latest version. of the 19 Plugins I maintain only 7 need to be regularly updated because the other applications have built in updating. of those 7, 5 aren't on the latest version. 1 of which (mineos) I can't do anything about. hopefully I'll have time this weekend to update the 4 behind apps, but regardless, more than half of the plugins are on the latest, or a few in-app clicks from being the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.